Thursday, April 9, 2015

Nancie Anne Gordon

Nancie Anne Gordon, 73, of  Poteau, OK passed away Wednesday, April 8, 2015 in Ft. Smith, AR. Nancie was born October 25, 1941 to V.E. "Jack" & Helen (Thompson) Gordon.  She worked at Buckley - now - Patrick Lynch Library in Poteau for over 21 years.  She was an active member of Faith Community Church of the Nazarene as well as a beautiful Soprano II  in the Cavanal Chorale and  board secretary for the Salvation Army for many years..   Nancie Anne was preceded in death by her parents and brother, Robin Gordon.
She will be greatly missed by her friends who survive her.  She was a wonderful "Lady".
  Services will be 1 pm -   Monday afternoon, April 13, 2015 at Oakland Cemetery Pavilion.

Donations may be made to Patrick Lynch Public Library Friends, Inc.  206 S. McKenna, Poteau, OK.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nancie was one of the most precious people I know. She was sweet and kind and yet could be strong in order to stand her ground. She loved to hear my wife, Kelda Atkinson, sing. Kelda was in the Cavanagh Chorale with Nancie for a few years before we moved. I loved to hear Nancie sing and I guess my favorite was her rendition of Amazing Grace. That described her to me. I will miss this precious lady.

Unknown said...

Nancie is one of the sweetest people I have ever known and she will be missed by me and my wife, Kelda. She and Kelda sang together in the Cavanal Chorale for several years until we moved. She always greeted me with a hug, whether at a church event, the library, or a Chorale concert. She loved hearing my wife sing, but we loved hearing her sing. My favorite song she sang was her rendition of Amazing Grace. She was a GRACEFUL lady.

Unknown said...

Nancie Anne was a very sweet, soft spoken lady who always had a smile on her face for you. She sang beautifully and loved God with all her heart. We will sure miss her, because she made an impression on all of us at Faith Community Church of the Nazarene.

Karen Nolen