Monday, May 28, 2012

Dr. Shawn Kersh

Dr. Shawn Kersh, 41, of Inverness, Fla., died at his home Friday, May 25, 2012. Shawn was born Jan. 19, 1971, in Fort Smith, Ark., the son of Jim and Diana Kersh. Shawn was a graduate of the 1989 Class Poteau High School He was a graduate of Oklahoma State University Medical School. Dr. Kersh moved to Inverness in 2002 from St. Petersburg, Fla., and became a partner at Inverness Family Care. He also served as a physician for Citrus County School Systems with Citrus County Health and Wellness Center for the past two years. Shawn was a coach for the Inverness Storm Football Team. He also coached youth basketball, baseball and soccer. His commitment as a father and husband have been humbling to all those who have known him, and he impacted the lives of many and will never be forgotten. Shawn was preceded in death by his grandmothers, Lorene Kersh & Dovie Midgley Survivors include his wife, Karin Kersh; children, Jordan, Camrin and Brycen Kersh; his parents, Jim and Diana Kersh, of Shady Point, Okla.; sister, Jennifer Renteria, of Shady Point, OK, brother, Dr.Kevin Kersh and his wife Dr. Nyomi Galow Kersh, of Ames, Iowa; father in law & mother in law, Dick & Sharon Wells of Poteau; grandfather, Allen Kersh; brothers-in-law, Rick Wells and his wife, Julie, of Poteau, Okla., and Dr.Gary Wells and his wife, Traci, of Norman, Okla.; nieces and nephews, Alixandra, Trey and Spencer Wells, of Poteau, Okla., Jace and Jaylind Renteria, of Shady Point, Okla., and Emma and Ean Wells of Norman, Okla.; extended family; and many loving friends. Funeral services for Dr. Kersh were May 29, 2012, at Corner Stone Baptist Church in Inverness. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Kersh Children Educational Trust by contacting Rocky Hensley at Center State Bank, 352-860-0204. Sign guest book at www.chronicleonline.com or here Memorial services will be held 2 pm, Saturday, June 9, 2012 in Evans Chapel of Memories, Poteau,OK.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. Please know that God will comfort and sustain you. Psalms 34:18 says that He is near to those broken at heart and saves those crushed in spirit. He truly knows the pain you feel. He assures us at John 5:28 that a time will soon come when we will welcome back to our arms those we have lost. Know that time is very near. Allow God to comfort your soul until that day arrives. Please keep His promises close to your heart. I offer my deepest sympathies to your entire family.

Jennifer said...

I love you Shawn, I miss you everyday. If I could only hear your voice again so I could say " I love you".

Nicole Bell said...

I am so shocked and sad to learn of his passing. Dr K was always one of my favorite people . He, his family and his staff have always been and will continue to be an important part of my life. My heart goes to Karin and the kids. My deepest regards, Nicole Bell

Jennifer said...

Only been two weeks, I miss you like crazy. If only I could hear your voice so I could say " I love you Shawn". You were always my hero and always will be. I miss you and I love you my brother.

Janet Clemons said...

My deepest sympathies to the entire family of Dr. Kersh.
He was my Dr. for the past 4 1/2 years, and by far, the best Dr. I've ever had. He really taught me a lot about taking care of myself and I will never forget him and all that I learned as his patient.
He will be missed by all.

Karola White said...

Jim and Diane, I am so sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathy to you and the family. Karola

Unknown said...

Dr. Kersh,
I really miss you! You were always my second dad and still will be. Just remember i always think of you and i will never forget you. I also will always remember all the times you made me laugh so hard i couldnt breathe. I will always be there for Mrs kersh and my best friends Camrin,Brycen and Jordan. Love you!
- K.